In this article, you will learn how to add hyperlinks to text.
You can insert links (hyperlinks) for text-based elements (Heading, Text Block), Image, Hero Banner, Button, and Icon.
The added links can direct customers to pages within your Shopify online store and to other websites. They also can open email messages or make phone calls, to help customers contact you.
Step 1: Highlight the text that you want to turn into a link and select Pick Link icon on the lightbox
With Image, Hero Banner, Button, or Icon, you can pick a link from the left sidebar of the editor by hitting the Pick Link button
Step 2: Select the destination page for the link in the Link Picker
- External link: You can add an external link to Custom URL field on Link Picker
- Internal link: You can navigate through tabs Pages, Collections, Products, Articles to direct customers to links within your Shopify store.
- Scroll to (Anchor link): allows users to leapfrog to a specific point on a website page: Click here.
- Email: Send emails with subject and body pre-filled
- Phone: Call your business with one click, through phone links
Step 3: Set up Target for your link
Choose how the link will open with the Target options on the Link picker:
- Current Tab: The link will open in a user's existing browser tab or window.
- New Tab: The link will open in a new browser tab or window.
Step 4: Hit Save and check the result on Preview mode or live page