Congratulations. You have finished designing your own product template with GemPages. Now, the next steps are super easy in order to assign it as the main template for your products.
Set a product template as default
- Step 1: On the Dashboard, select the template from the "Product pages" list.
- Step 2: Click on the "three dots" button on the right side, then select "Make Default" in the dropdown list. This option allows you to apply the selected template for the majority of products (except specific products assigned by other templates).
- Step 3: A pop-up will appear on the screen, hit the "Make default" button on the bottom right corner to confirm your selection. This will convert the existing product template to the selected one for you.
Revert to the original template
In case you would like to revert to the original template, you can set it up by one of the following methods:
- Step 1: From the GemPages dashboard, select Product pages on the left sidebar. Then just hit the “Back to original” button on the right side of the “Shopify Default Template” (Your original product page).
- Step 2: Then a pop-up should appear and require you for your confirmation. Kindly select “Back to original”, and your products will be displayed based on “Shopify Default Template”.
- Step 1: From Shopify admin, select Online Store > Theme > Actions > Edit Code
- Step 2: On the Search box, look for product.liquid file. On the top bar, click on the dropdown list to select the Original version
- Step 3: Click Save on the upper left corner to apply the change
Reassign to the original template for specific products
If a product is assigned for a specific product template, you can revert to the original template by setting up its template suffix. Firstly search for that product in Shopify admin > Products > All products. Then change its template suffix to product as below:
That's it! The last step is to Save all changes. It's very simple to make it work. If you're interested in learning more about powerful, user-friendly GemPages, please feel free to figure out more articles here or reach our Support Team. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.