Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that helps you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding your customer behavior and traffic on your online store.
Create a Facebook Ads account
Create a Facebook Pixel and get the Facebook Pixel ID
- Step 1: If you have created the Pixel already, you can skip this step. Otherwise, please follow the instruction from Facebook here to set it up.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- In the Current theme section, click Actions, and select Edit code.
- Click the theme.liquid file to open the code editor.
- Delete the Facebook pixel code. You can find it between the <head> and </head> tags.
- Click Save.
- Step 2: Copy the Pixel ID under the Settings tab of the Event Manager page.
Add a Facebook Pixel ID to your Shopify store
- Step 1: From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store -> Preferences.
- Step 2: Scroll down and locate the Facebook Pixel item. Then insert Facebook Pixel ID in the box.
- Step 3: Hit the Save button at the bottom of the page. It will integrate the pixel with your online store (usually in a few seconds) without requiring any codes. Once all is set, you can collect data for standard events including:
- Add payment info
- Add to cart
- Add to wishlist
- Complete registration
- Customize product
- Find location
- Initiate checkout
- Start trial
- Submit application
- View content
If you're interested in learning more about powerful, user-friendly GemPages, please feel free to figure out more articles in the GemPages help center or reach our Support Team. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.