How do I upgrade or downgrade my plan?
GemPages offers many plans to fit your individual needs. We're fully aware that a business has different requirements in a particular period of time, so we make it super simple to upgrade or downgrade your plan.
- Step 1: From the GemPages dashboard, click on Upgrade Plan on the left bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: Choose the plan you want to upgrade or downgrade to:
Will I be charged twice if I change my current plan?
- If you upgrade or downgrade your with an app, then the app will prompt you to agree to a new recurring app charge. This is because Shopify allows each app only one recurring app charge to be enabled at a time, the existing recurring application charge will be canceled and replaced by the new charge.
- Following Shopify terms, your GemPages billing cycle won't be changed after you upgrade or downgrade your plan.
For example, your current monthly billing cycle is from November 10th to December 10th and you upgraded your plan from Starter plan to Professional plan on 20th November. The billing cycle will remain the same not restart from November 20th to December 20th.
- When you downgrade your plan, you will be offered an application credit based on the difference in price and the number of days remaining in the billing cycle. Please click here for a better understanding of the Shopify App Billing cycle.
For instance, you begin a 30-day billing cycle on a $15.00 plan and then upgrades to a $29.00 plan on day 10 of the billing cycle. You would be charged $15.00 + ($29.00 - $15.00) * (20/30) = $24.33 USD.
- $29.00 - $15.00 is the difference between the Professional plan and the Starter plan.
- 20/30 is the day have left on your current billing cycle after you update your plan.
- ($29.00 - $15.00) * (20/30)=$9.33 USD is the prorated fee.
- $24.33 USD is the fee for the current billing cycle.
What is Advanced Setting Options?
Advanced Setting Options allows you to share the subscription with two more stores and they still keep their own usernames and passwords.
How I share the subscription between my stores with the Advanced plan?
- Step 1: Upgrade the current plan of your main store to the Advanced plan.
- Step 2: Install GemPages on the 2 add-on stores.
Unsubscribe any plan on the add-on store(s) by reinstalling GemPages to avoid the duplicated charges.
- Step 3: Contact the Gempage customer support and provide the Shopify domains of your main store and 2 add-on stores.
Understanding how to upgrade or downgrade your plan and the differences between them is important to choose the right plan for your business, and hopefully, this article will help make the process as simple and intuitive as possible. If you have further questions about the topic, don't hesitate to get in touch with the dedicated support team.