Sending virtual high-fives to your all-new updates this July!
Online Store 2.0 updates
Last week, the long-awaited Shopify Online Store 2.0 is finally live. This new version will help you customize your entire storefront design with sections on all pages, flexible content, and checkout extensions!
And we’re so excited to announce that GemPages works seamlessly with all the newly updated sections, blocks, and themes in OS 2.0.
Better still, more updates are on the way to help you get the most use out of the Online Store 2.0. Stay tuned!
Installing and using Wiser used to be a two-time job: One for Custom pages and another for Product & Collection pages. So to make things a lot easier, we have combined the two elements into one Wiser - Personalized Recommendations, which can be used anywhere you prefer!
Have the freedom to select up to 9 types of product recommendations, from manual, automatic to AI-based. When placed in the desired section, your widget will automatically adjust its options to the page layout.
Head to the dashboard to experience the upgraded Wiser, and here are some guides to help you get started more easily.
We’ve also combined the two elements of the Rivyo integration into one called Rivyo Product Reviews. Whenever you place it into a position, the widget will automatically change its options based on the page layout.
With 4 eye-catching widgets in-and-out of the Product Module, it’s time to take your site’s social proof to the next level.
For further information, check our article guidelines now!
Preload Font & Stylesheet
We’re excited to launch another page speed optimization feature: Preload Font & Stylesheet. Preload is a directive that signals the browser to request and load your pages’ important resources (in this case, font and stylesheet) beforehand, thus significantly increasing the page loading speed.
Skip the coding hassles and go straight to Account > Store Settings to enable the feature. Your site will thank you for that.
Minor updates & bug fixes
- Re-name Count Down element to Countdown Timer element
- Improved the data tracking performance from Google Analytics of the A/B Testing feature
- Re-name Klaviyo Signup Form element to Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS
- Add the width and the height attributes for the (P) Image List and Before and After Images elements to improve the page loading speed.
- Upgrade caching for script libraries to one year to speed up the page loading time.
- The conflict between the (P) Price element and the Auto Currency Converter add-on from EcomSolid theme
- In the Hero Banner element, an issue when the Alt Tag option is always on even when turning off the Fixed Mode and an error when the Image Alt Tag can’t be saved.
- Error when the Lazy Loading mode can’t be disabled in the Hero Banner element.
- Error when the Hover Options can’t be disabled in the (P) Cart Button element.
- The Facebook Like element doesn’t display the Like and Share button
- The Image Quality option in the Image element doesn’t work with SVG and GIF images from Shopify domain stores which start with “a”.
- The Section Picker tab of Ali Reviews integration suddenly closes when picking a section.
Stay tuned for more updates next month! See you!