What is Auto-save?
The Auto-save feature is a revolutionary addition to GemPages designed to automatically save your work, preventing the loss of valuable progress. Exclusive to GemPages Editor v7.0, this feature eliminates the need for manual saves, allowing users to focus on crafting stunning templates without interruptions.
Why use Auto-save?
- Data Security: Your work is securely saved, reducing the risk of losing progress due to unexpected disruptions.
- Efficiency: Minimize manual save actions, enabling a seamless template creation process.
How to use Auto-save?
- Auto-save is activated by default, requiring no additional actions.
- GemPages auto-saves your work every 10 seconds after changes.
- You can continue editing and making changes to the page while the Auto-save feature is in progress.
What is Version History?
Version History is a robust feature from GemPages, available exclusively with Editor v7 and paid plans. It allows users to check and restore all previously saved versions and the current version of GemPages pages directly within the editor.
Why use Version History?
- Version Control: Access a revision history to review, compare, and restore previous versions of templates when needed.
- Ease of Use: The auto-save and revision features are intuitive and user-friendly, enhancing the overall user experience.
How to use Version History?
Access the Version History by selecting the clock icon situated in the top bar of your Editor page. Subsequently, utilize the following functions to leverage this feature:
- Save a Version History
Create a new version each time you click Save or Publish, displayed in the Earlier version list in the Version History popup.
- Preview Previous Versions
Click directly on a version to preview it in the Version History popup. Choose to preview on different devices, including Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile.
- Restore Previous Versions
Replace all current page content with the version content. This action appears on the top bar when previewing a version. Select “Restore this version” to restore or click the corresponding button.
Additional Action for Version History
Click on the three-dot button to unveil additional actions essential for managing your Version History. You may consider the following:
- Rename important versions for easy identification and delete unimportant ones.
- Duplicate as New Page: Duplicate a version history as a new page for comfortable editing without affecting the current page.
- Protect Versions from Auto-deletion: Safeguard important version histories by protecting them from automatic deletion when reaching plan limits. Once you activate this protection, a green icon will appear next to the version, indicating that it cannot be automatically deleted. The quantity of protected versions is contingent on your plan.
What occurs when I downgrade or upgrade my plan?
The quantity of saved and protected versions is constrained based on your plan. Please consult our pricing page for additional details. In the event of a downgrade, the system will automatically delete saved versions exceeding the limit. Conversely, upgrading the plan results in an automatic adjustment to this limit.
If I uninstall the app, what happens to my saved versions?
Upon uninstalling GemPages, all version history will be erased, and reinstalling will not facilitate version restoration. Please carefully consider this before proceeding.
Can I disable the autosave?
It is not possible to deactivate this feature.
And there you have it! If you need any further assistance along the way, our GemPages Support Team is always here for you!