Smart Search and Instant Search offers advanced auto filters quickly which helps you present relevant results and significantly boost conversion.
It's very simple to set up Smart Search and Instant Search to your collection pages created with GemPages. Let's get started now!
Install the Smart Search and Instant Search app from the Shopify app store
- Step 1: Install Smart Search and Instant Search App from the Shopify app store.
- Step 2: Click the Install app button in the appearing window.
- Step 3: Configure Smart navigation in Smart Search and Instant Search settings by following its instruction. read more about it here.
Filter on collections (Smart navigation) is only available for plans starting from $18/month. To enable this feature, you need to choose the Navigating through embedding HTML code into the Shopify template. After "Apply changes", on each collection page, you will be able to filter only products in the corresponding collection.
- Step 4: From the Smart Search and Instant Search dashboard, click Force re-indexation to index your collections. If the status is Up-to-date, it should work appropriately.
- Step 5: In the Dashboard section, copy the API key
Add the Smart Search and Instant Search element in GemPages
- Step 1: Access the Library, by clicking on the Library button on the Toolbar of the editor page.
- Step 2: In the pop-up window, under the Elements tab of the Third-party item, enter Smart Search and Instant Search on the Search box.
- Step 3: Then press on Add element at the bottom of the appearing popup.
Set up Smart Search and Instant Search
- Step 1: After the element is configured (usually in a few seconds), you should see it on the left sidebar. Then simply drag and drop the Smart Search and Instant Search element to your page.
Please be well advised that currently, Smart Search and Instant Search is applicable on collection pages only.
- Step 2: Paste the API key which you copied earlier in the Your API key box of the left sidebar.
- Step 3 (optional): If you wish to customize the variant's content element in a particular way, kindly use this field to add a class name and then refer to it in the CSS file.
- Step 4: Click Save and Preview, then Publish when all is set up. Click here to see an example of a Smart Search and Instant Search
That’s it! Smart Search and Instant Search will integrate with GemPages right away. If you're interested in exploring more third-party apps that directly integrate with Gempages, you can check out this link. Otherwise, you can always integrate other apps to Gempages by our Liquid element.