What is Instant Landing Pages?
Instant Landing Pages (ILP) is a feature of GemPages that specializes in building high-performance, mobile-optimized landing pages to boost users’ campaigns and increase conversion. The beta version of ILP was released on December 28th 2022, and is available for all subscription plans except Free plan.
ILP improves page loading speeds by hosting the front end separately from Shopify to maximize load efficiency and reduce the need for additional codes. Thus, ILP only needs to synchronize with Shopify on Products, Collections, and Blog posts. Payment, Checkout, and Order information are still managed by Shopify.
- ILP works as a stand-alone app within GemPages. Landing pages created by GemPages are not linked to ILP and vice versa.
- Pages created with ILP will not appear on Shopify administrative dashboard.
- The URL of a page created by ILP will look like this: domain/page-name. The /page-name part is optional and can be excluded. The default domain is hosted by ILP, not Shopify. You can add sub-domains that are hosted by another party.
Why do you need ILP?
According to a Google study in 2020:
- 53% of people will leave a mobile site if it takes more than three seconds to load.
- A 0.1-second improvement in mobile speed increases conversion rates.
That being said, a responsive landing page is not enough anymore. Slow loading time and poor mobile performance will kill conversions. You need campaigns designed for mobile from the get-go. Thus, a mobile-optimized landing page is a must.
Where to find ILP in the GemPages app?
First, open the GemPages dashboard. On the left side menu, scroll down to the Headless Pages section. Select Instant Pages (beta) to open ILP Editor. You can click the “Get Started” button to be guided through the basic steps to create a mobile-optimized landing page with ILP.
Create a landing page with ILP
You can either design with a template or, if you want to build everything from scratch, design with a blank page.
NOTE: You can still use ILP elements without going through the onboarding steps below.
Design with a template
Step 1: Insert template from library
The first time you create a new landing page with ILP, our system will automatically insert a template as an example to walk you through further steps. Thus, the first step “Insert template from library” will always be checked as done.
If you want to insert a different template, click “Choose another template”.
At any step in the process, you can choose “Next” to move on, then come back to complete previous steps later.
Step 2: Preview and speed test
As a demonstration of how ILP optimizes the loading speed, you can preview and speed test the page using Google PageSpeed Insights before starting the page design process.
Click “Preview and test”, and a new tab will be opened, displaying the page in preview mode. Check the two buttons in the upper right corner:
- Check speed: Test the loading speed with Google PageSpeed Insights.
- View on Mobile: Generate a QR code that you can scan to preview the page on mobile. You can also download the QR code and share it with other people.
Step 3: Import products from Shopify
To display products and collections from your Shopify shop on the page created by ILP, at the step “Import products from Shopify“, click “Set up now”. A process of 04 sub-steps will start to acquire the API token and import data from Shopify to ILP. See the tutorial video here.
If the data is imported successfully, a green notification will show up.
In case the data fails to import, a red alert will appear. You can click “Contact us to resolve” to reach out to us via live chat.
Design with blank page
If you created a page using a template by following all the 3 steps above, you now have the following options:
- Keep content: Reserve the created page and continue editing.
- Remove content: Permanently delete the created page and rebuild the page from scratch.
If you skipped all 3 steps above, simply click Remove content to start on a blank canvas.
Do you have any questions for us? Reach us via email and live chat! Thank you for reading up until this point