Do you know that on average, visitors will spend only 10-20 seconds on your homepage? We all understand the importance of the first impression, but the homepage and web design aren’t easy. However, with the innovation of GemPages, you’re absolutely able to design a home page from scratch or using a lot of pre-made templates that let you revamp your home page look and feel within a few minutes.
What should be included on your homepage?
- “Above the fold”: is what is first visible when the user loads the page. Its content catches the action
- Clear navigation: Intuitive navigation helps customers know exactly where they can find the information they need without being confused.
- Eye-catching imagery: To catch customers’ attention on your purpose.
- A direct call to action: Encourage customers to make an order.
- An easy-to-access shopping cart: Indicate customers how many products added, remind customers their purchase hasn’t been completed yet, and lead them to make a purchase. You may consider to select a theme which is designed for visitors to easily access the Shopping cart.
- A search bar: A prominent search bar is handy for customers and seriously boots sales. In this part, a theme with a smart search would be selected.
- Social proof: Improve your credibility. Success stories are a great way to inspire a positive expression.
- Feature your best selling products/ collections: This part gives customers an idea of what to buy and help them make a purchase decision as you would like to attract them.
Create a new homepage with various pre-built templates in GemPages
We have done research on numerous successful stores in different industries to design pre-built templates for you.
Now you can build a homepage within only a few minutes but it will help you drive traffic and increase growth for your own business.
Improving your homepage design over time
As you’re probably aware by now, there’s no single best way to design your homepage. Factors like user demographics, branding, number of products, marketing channels, and more can influence your user’s behavior in a medley of ways.
That’s why it’s so important to always view your homepage as a work in progress, using the traffic and sales you generate to measure the impact of your homepage and make adjustments over time.
If you’re interested in learning more about powerful, user-friendly GemPages, please feel free to figure out more articles here or reach our Support Team. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have.