What is an Article List element?
The Article List is designed to insert a list of blog posts that are either created by GemPages or Shopify. You can use blog posts to drive more traffic to your website.
In the GemPages editor page, you can locate the Article List element in the left sidebar.
Child elements of an Article List
All content of child article elements is imported from the Shopify blog post database. They need to link with an article in order to work properly. In other words, child article elements - the element's name starts with (A) should be dragged into an Article List to be able to work.
How to use an Article List element on any page
- Step 1: In the editor page, drag and drop an Article List element
- Step 2: Click on Pick a blog to select a group of blog posts that belong to the same category.
- Step 3: Under the Articles per Row item, set up the number of blogs in a row. This parameter can be adjusted for each screen mode. Just click on the computer icon at the upper right and change the value on the corresponding screen.
- Step 4: Under the Number of Articles item, slide the adjustment bar, or insert a number to configure how many blog posts you would like to display.
- Step 5: Don't forget to Save and Preview, then Publish when you're done setting it up.
Create a Blog Homepage with Article list
A Blog Homepage is a standalone page that simply features a list of your latest blog posts.
- Step 1: From the GemPages dashboard, create a sub-page. Click here to figure out how to create a subpage.
- Step 2: Incorporate the Article List (Follow the five steps aforementioned in How to use an Article List element on any page) with other elements to design a Blog Homepage
- Step 3: Link the page with the Menu of your online store. This should be done in the Shopify admin. If you need further instruction on how to do this, kindly follow Shopify's tutorial here.
Some common error messages
- "This field is dropped to Article Module only": This issue occurs when you don't drag a child article element into an Article list element. It should be linked with an article or put into an Article List element.
- "Article not found": This happens when no article is available. To solve it, you can check if any blog post has been created yet and if the blog post is visible or published.
If you're interested in learning more about powerful, user-friendly GemPages, please feel free to figure out more articles here or reach our Support Team. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.