Sometimes the description takes up a lot of rooms and looks bulky. Tabs or dropdown accordions can help you to create separate sections to better organize your product description. From there, customers will easily find specific information quickly by just clicking on the items they are interested.
Create tabs in your Shopify product description
- Step 1: Prepare your product content and insert it into the Description of the corresponding product inside your Shopify admin > Product > All products
- Step 2: Highlight the title text and change it to a Heading 3 style from the font menu. The Heading 3 title will be converted to the tab's heading and the tab's content will be everything writtent between your Heading 3 titles.
- Step 3: Save the changes you made to your product.
Organize your product content into tabs
- Step 1: On the editor, drag a Tabs element from the left sidebar into your Product module.
- Step 2: With our live editor feature, you can directly give a name on each tab
- Step 3: Drag (P) Description into Drop element here area of the Tabs
- Step 4: Under the Settings tab, toggle on the Divide section
- Step 5: Under the Section Divider item. select H3 in the dropdown list (according to the heading you have formatted in Shopify product descriptions)
- Step 6: On the Select Number bar, slide to select the order number of the paragraph of the product description you would like to insert
Organize your product content into accordions
If you would like to display the product description in a dropdown menu, you can use the Accordion element instead of the Tabs element, just follow the aforementioned steps and replace the Tabs element with an Accordion element at step 1.
If you're interested in learning more about the powerful and user-friendly GemPages, please feel free to read out more articles here or reach out to our Support Team. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.