This article will walk you through steps on how to add hyperlinks to your page with GemPages.
A hyperlink is an item like a text or button that points to another location on a website. By using the hyperlink, you can direct customers to an internal or external site to explore more information about your product or business.
Add hyperlink to an element
Step 1: From the GemPages dashboard, open your preferred template to edit. Locate the element you would like to add a hyperlink.
Next, click on the element to reveal the configurations on the left sidebar.
Step 2: Select “Pick link.” The link picker window will appear for you to select the link to add. There are two options for you at this point: enter the link to the “Custom URL” field or select from the tabs below.
- Pages, Collections, Products, and Articles: internal links to other pages of your store.
- Scroll to: Also called anchor links, this option allows you to leap to a specific section of the current page. For more information, please check out this article.
- Email: Visitors can send emails to your address with the subject and body pre-filled.
- Phone: Shows your visitors your phone number and the option to call.
Step 3: After that, you can choose how the link will be opened with the Target options.
- Current Tab: The link will open in the existing browser tab or window.
- New Tab: The link will open in a new browser tab or window.
Add hyperlink to a text
Kindly follow the steps below to insert the hyperlink for your text-based elements such as Heading or Text block.
Step 1: From the GemPages dashboard, open your preferred template to edit. Locate the text-based element you would like to add the hyperlink.
Step 2: Highlight the text that you would like to add the hyperlink. Select the “Pick Link” icon on the lightbox.
Step 3: If you want to direct visitors to a custom URL, enter the link into the box field and hit the "Enter" icon when finished.
In case you would prefer to pick an internal link on your website, click on the “Settings” icon.
After that, the link picker window will appear for you to select.
When everything is in place, hit “Save” then “Publish.”
That's it! You are all set. If you're interested in learning more about powerful, user-friendly GemPages, feel free to explore the Help Center or get in touch with our delicate customer support via email or live chat.