The Contact Form element, alongside the Newsletter element, provides a great way for you to get in touch with your site visitors, as well as gain email leads through form submissions.
Below is a list of the most common issues with the element and how you can fix them.
“Can not send the email. Please try again later” when submitting
There are several possible causes here:
1. Missing Email Field and/or Submit Button elements: The Email Field and the Submit Buttons elements are indispensable for the form to function correctly.
*Solution: Go back to the Editor, check the Contact Form element, and drag & drop the two mentioned elements if needed.
2. Incorrect Name field format: When editing the Name field of the Text Field element, make sure:
- The format should always be contact[XXXXX] with XXXXX being the only part that is edited.
- All Name fields must be unique.
For example, there cannot be two fields with the same format: contact[message]
Code conflict: There might have been a code conflict between the Contact Form element and your theme.
*Solution: In this case, please contact our GemPages Support Team so we can help you.
3. You are on the Preview page: If you are previewing your page before publishing, the contact form will not work.
*Solution: Please publish the page and try submitting your contact form.
I put custom fields into my contact form, but they are not correctly labeled in the form submission when viewed in my mailbox
This issue happens when you duplicate an existing Text Field element in the form to create more custom fields. Since all Text Field’s names have to be unique, the new Name field will be automatically changed to contact[field-XXXXXXXXXXXXX], with XXXXXXXXXXXXX being a random 13-digit number.
Here is what you will see in the form submission sent to your mailbox:
Solution: Please edit the Text Field’s Name field following the mentioned format.
The result will look like this:
With the right execution, Contact Form can be one of the best tools in your repertoire to gain you more leads and accelerate store’s growth.