If your Online store is missing any of these below criteria, it’s time to start cracking because you have a Product page to optimize. Below is a checklist we’ve compiled to help you stop missing out on potential customers and start maximizing your conversion rate.
Display Product information
This includes product images, videos, audio recordings, podcasts, etc.
- Always attempt to use original, hi-res, and hi-quality images.
- Consider the use of videos, GIFs, parallax, and hero banners photos. Videos breathe life into your product. Therefore, albeit being large in size and could potentially affect your site’s loading speed if left unoptimized, a high-quality product video that showcases your item in action is always worth the extra bandwidth. The same goes for GIFs, parallax, and hero banner images.
The title is the second most looked at element on a Product page, right after imagery.
- Aim for a clear, concise product title that is also catchy.
- Place your title above the fold (the upper-half portion of your page that visitors immediately see without scrolling further down).
Set title in H1 or H2 tags for best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) results.
- Keep an eye on the usage of unnecessary Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) code, serial numbers, or any digit combinations as they can overload the site visually.
The description is where you show off your writing skill. A good description captures the reader’s attention and easily drives more sales.
- Use H2 or H3 tags for the best SEO results.
- Tell a background story about your product and establish a connection with your viewers.
- Focus on how your product will solve customers’ problems.
- Don’t be too technical, unless your audience understands.
- But also don't be afraid to get into details: If your product has sophisticated specifications that can potentially become powerful selling points, list them all out using the Tab or Accordions element for a tidy view.
A Call-to-Action (CTA) element is a big conversion-boosting factor and a must-have of the product page.
- Keep it short, precise and accommodate imperative statements (ideally around 3-5 words inside a CTA button). For example: BUY NOW, SUBSCRIBE NOW, ADD TO CART, PURCHASE NOW, 50% OFF TODAY, etc.
- Pay attention to the design: CTA button should be eye-catching and completely separate from the page’s background for the fastest visual recognition.
- Take advantage of GemPages’ Ajax Cart switch to further customize the Cart Button element.
- Use the GemPages’ Dynamic Checkout Button element if you want to skip the Cart page and go straight to the Checkout page instead.
- Keep in mind the hierarchy order if you plan to have more than one CTA: The most preferred action should be easier to see (I.e. with a more striking design and placed higher than the rest of the CTAs).
While the art of pricing your product deserves its own article and is completely up to your sales strategy, keeping your price tag visually appealing is just as important. Here’s how you achieve just that.
- Adopt a font that is clearly visible, yet not overpowering.
- Use the Compare Price function of the (P) Price element to show your “before” and “after” prices.
- Make sure to display all available payment plans and payment methods your store offers.
- Present any discounts or promotions available.
GemPages offer a few customization options for your Product module to help boost your Product page functionality and convert more customers.
- Use the Text Field or Text Area element to allow for customers’ private messages.
- Use the Quantity element to let customers pick the adequate quantity before purchasing.
Build trust with Social proof
For a skeptical and indecisive customer, Social proof helps you seal the deal.
Display product reviews
People tend to place confidence in other people who are in the same position as them, and online customers are no exception. Showing reviews from other happy customers who have purchased your product is the fastest and easiest way to gain your viewers’ trust, converting them into customers.
Star badge also helps provide the same effect.
Reviews can be displayed in many forms such as star badges, short reviews, testimonials, etc.
GemPages has a wide range of integrated apps you can choose from to import reviews and display them on your page, visit our list of Integrations for more information.
Use trust indicators
An image oftentimes speaks louder than words. Design a trust badge to show off your enticing service policies (e.g. 30-day Money-back Guarantee, Free delivery, All payment options accepted, 100% Organic Ingredients, etc.).
Also, don’t miss the chance to display a list of high-profile companies’ logos who did use your products/services on your Product page, as it can be even more impressive to visitors.
Take advantage of FOMO
FOMO (short for Fear of Missing Out), is real. Creating a sense of urgency in customers is a proven way to win more sales and increase the conversion rate. Below is a few built-in GemPages elements that will surely help:
- (P) Stock Counter element: Used to display the number of remaining products.
- Countdown timer: Used to display a countdown to the end of a sales promotion or an attractive offer, fully customizable.
- Related Products element is used to summon products that are in the same collection as the main product, making upsell and cross-sell easier than ever for you.
Pay attention to the nitty-gritty
Page loading speed
- Optimize image size: GemPages got this covered for you as your images uploaded to our CDN will be automatically optimized.
- Remove unnecessary tracking code.
- Remove unused third-party apps in Shopify admin
- Get into the habit of always keeping tabs on SEO results not only for the Desktop version of your site but on the mobile view as well.
- Update your meta description, alt. tags, alt. texts, and URL handles as needed so you always stay on top of search engines’ algorithms.
And that is all! This is a rather long article, but we do hope you find this checklist helpful and make great use of it.
If you require any further assistance from us, all you have to do is let our Support Team know via email or live chat.